Re: OT: English usage. Was: Re: No Starch Press releases _The Debian System_ by Martin Krafft

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 06:27:57PM -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:03:46 -0600
> Jules Dubois <s3mkpio02@sneakemail.com> wrote:
>
> > It doesn't
> > seem to me to be a violation of Debian policy, which I've just read
> > for the first time; if it is a violation, I apologize.
>
> Thank you.  It's so nice to see correctly used semicolons.

My tenth grade english teacher taught it like this:

"If you can't replace the semicolon with a period and make two coherent
and complete sentences, then it doesn't belong."

Best grammar advice I ever received.

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez