AOL'ers on debian-user [was Re: Please help asap]

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 02:36:16PM -0600, Alejandro Bonilla wrote:
> I think it's spam for mailing lists. So, if you reply to the idiot + the
> ML, maybe the shit spammer software will know that the emails exist and you
> know the rest.

In a momentary lapse of sanity---all is fine now, bleep, bleep!---I
actually answered this question to the email address mentioned.  I
don't even think I was very rude.  But the aol mail server answered:

Your mail to the following recipients could not be delivered because
they are not accepting mail from ...

and then my email address.  So it doesn't look like bait from
spammers.  I used a plussed address for some small form of protection;
I wonder if that played a part in not being accepted.  Either that or
this poor person's email box is already filled to the top with answers
from helpful Debian users. :-)

BTW, since recently I have this in my .procmailrc, which I am quite
happy with for now:

:0
* ^FROM:.*@aol.com
|${DEFAULT}.Suspect

People who actually get reasonable email from friends with an aol
address may want to add an extra line to check if the mail is sent to
the debian-user list.  /dev/null may be a nice target as well.

Public GnuPG key:  http://maurits.vanrees.org/var/gpgkey.asc
"It can seem like you're doing just fine,
but the creep's creeping into your mind." - Neal Morse