Re: mkaing apt-file do it's job

> I have installed debian from CDs. When I run 'apt-file search bash'
> I get no (empty) result.
> If I run apt-file update all I got is error:
> cp: cannot stat /cdrom/dists/unstable/Contents-i386.gz': No such
> file or directory
> And indeed there is no such a file. How can I recreate that
> file for each of 14 CD I have?

hi,

I think that you have to fill your /etc/apt/sources.list with
repositories, and to use that, and you will be able to update the
software you already have installed, or install new sw. And after that
you can comment the line of the cd in sources.list

A howto of apt-get (sources.list):

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-basico.en.html

Cheers,
Sergio