Re: Custom Kernel Won't Boot

hi ya

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Jon Roed wrote:

> I can't  find a driver for my chipset in the kernel options.

the chipset you care about is the output of "lspci"

	- you'd want to make sure you can find all the drivers
	for each of the hardware controllers listed in the output of
	lspci

	- if the kernel does not have a driver for "ChipMaker-1234 v5"
	than you should use 2.4.31 and/or 2.6.12.x instead
	and if not, pick the one that closer to it or a generic driver
	that is supposed to be vendor nuetral

burn the marketing info that came with the motherboard as its basically
useless  ( not detailed enough or accurate )

c ya
alvin