Re: Custom Kernel Won't Boot

Jon Roed a écrit :
I have just compiled a new kernel (2.6.13) and i cannot get it too boot. When i select my new kernel from the boot loader i get the following error:

VFS: Cannot open root device "301" or unknown block (3,1)
Please append a correct "root= " boot option
kernel panic: not syncing : VFS cannot open root device

i am wondering what to add as a boot option (i am running LILO) i tried

make sure you have compiled your disk controller and filesystem drivers in-kernel (not as modules)