Re: Unidentified subject!

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 08:25:25PM +0100, nidgyboy@tiscali.co.uk wrote:
> Hi:) I have wanted to try Debian Linux for a while now and so i downloaded
> the dvd images.Problem is,i tried installing it following the instructions(i
> am a linux noobie i'm afraid:))but i got stuck early on in the installation
> at the bit where it inspects your hardware,but when it got to 'loading module
> for scsi disk support' it freezes on me and goes no further.I have ruled
> out dvd error,so please can you help me get past this problem.My pc spec
> is,AMD 3200+(barton),gigabyte ga 7n400v pro motherboard,1 gig cheapo pc3200
> ram,nvidia 6600 graphic,1 sata 80 gig hd,1 20 gig ide hd and a 10 gig for
> kicks.Hope it is something silly i am missing,Thanks:) Best wishes Nigel
> Cooper

Try the following: you may have a problem with SCSI detection
conflicting with SATA support. Build a basic system on the
20G IDE drive, update the kernel as appropriate _then_
add the SATA drive.  This assumes the SATA drive is currently
connected and active in the BIOS setup which is where I think
the problem may be.

I'd be tempted to use the 10G for /tmp [8G] and swap [2G]
or possibly not to use it at all.

Andy