Re: ServerAlias considered harmful

Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:

On mandag 12 september 2005, 02:07, David Clymer wrote:
but wouldnt it
be much easier to add a ServerAlias to the vitualhost config?

Without trying to respond to the original question, I would like to point out that ServerAliases are eeeevil and architecturally broken. The redirect should have been a 301, otherwise it results in URI aliasing, which is bad:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-webarch-20040816/#uri-aliases
Ok, but what's the Apache configuration answer to this? I write out my virtual hosts without using mod_rewrite, and I really don't want to write TWO virtual host blocks just for the sake of redirecting domain.com to www.domain.com.