ldap client will not shutdown

Hi All,

	I'm busy with my first attempts to implement ldap, and stumble
over some side effects: my laptop (the ldap client) won't reboot, it
hangs somewhere in the shutdown process and waiting for over an hour does
not help. I logon with a local (non-ldap) username. I ruled out everything
graphical (gdm) by shutting it down manually in advance, and other non-root
processes, but it still won't stop. There is no process eating cpu cycles,
I'm a bit at a loss. Does somebody have a good tip on where to start looking?
I have not installed nscd yet, because I want to have my config right
before I introduce it and it's (potential) complications.

Somebody, please?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Jan.