Re: Laptop choice to run debian

On Saturday 10 September 2005 05:41 am, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Brian Kimball wrote:
> > Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> >>I am planning to buy a laptop for my self in the near future for
> >>travels, stinks not having with you a debian system. Any good
> >>recommendations by any chance?
> >
> > A good recommendation that I don't see very often is to check which
> > machines linux laptop vendors choose to use.  Obviously they are going
> > to pick machines that are as compatible as possible with linux.  See
> >
> > http://www.emperorlinux.com/
>
> Good idea. Just 3: IBM, Dell, Sony.

i've always used a toshiba. the one i have currently is a desktop replacement.
satellite pro 6100. therefore probably not ideal for what the OP wanted it
for - travel. but otherwise, everything works out of the box. supports dual
display (nvidia card). has an *excellent* display (1400x1050 - an awkward
ratio but it works). and they have support website for linux.

anoop.