package errors when using apt

Hello everyone,
I have a Debian server (testing) running qmail that I installed from the qmailrocks.org site.

unfortunately I have screwed up the Exim4 install in the process of setting up qmail. I really don't need Exim4 but I do need MySQL. I have found that without mailx I cannot install MySQL.

If someone could point me in the right direction for cleaning up the errors below I would really appreciate it.
This appears every time I install or upgrade packages.

Thank you,
Tim

Setting up exim4-config (4.50-8) ...
Error: Unsplit config selected and /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template missing ... exiting
dpkg: error processing exim4-config (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of exim4-base:
 exim4-base depends on exim4-config (>= 4.30) | exim4-config-2; however:
  Package exim4-config is not configured yet.
  Package exim4-config-2 is not installed.
Package exim4-config which provides exim4-config-2 is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing exim4-base (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of exim4-daemon-light:
 exim4-daemon-light depends on exim4-base (>= 4.50); however:
  Package exim4-base is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing exim4-daemon-light (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of exim4:
 exim4 depends on exim4-base (>= 4.50); however:
  Package exim4-base is not configured yet.
exim4 depends on exim4-daemon-light | exim4-daemon-heavy | exim4-daemon-custom; however:
  Package exim4-daemon-light is not configured yet.
  Package exim4-daemon-heavy is not installed.
  Package exim4-daemon-custom is not installed.
dpkg: error processing exim4 (--configure):
 exim4-config
 exim4-base
 exim4-daemon-light
 exim4
sh: line 1: /usr/share/qmail-uids-gids/fixup-nofiles-group: No such file or directory E: Problem executing scripts DPkg::Post-Invoke '/usr/share/qmail-uids-gids/fixup-nofiles-group'
E: Sub-process returned an error code