Re: KDE uses sound but xmms won't.

Hendrik Boom wrote:

>Yes, when KDE starts up we hear its theme music.
>
>But once KDE is up, there's no sound aby more.  Instead we get a dialogue
>telling us to check that our audio system is configured properly.

_When_ do you get this dialogue, and _what_ does it say?

If this dialogue is being generated from xmms (implied by your subject
line, but not indicated here in this text), you probably just need the
arts plugin for xmms. "aptitude install xmms-arts", and then configure
xmms preferences to use this plugin.

--
Kent