Re: X.Org Hits Testing

a.list.address@gmail.com wrote:
On 9/8/05, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

<snip>

Thanks for posting that, Hugo.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time until this problem is fixed by
nVidia and/or X.org.  nVidia wants to sell their cards, and people
want eye candy, and people want Linux, so we probably just need (sigh)
some more patience.

<snip>

True, except this problem was first posted 7/12/04 and now has 23 pages of posts on their bulletin board. So it is more than a year old and shows no signs of being fixed in any of the latest drivers.

I myself am prevented from trying the very latest ones because of their nonsupport of legacy cards such as the TNT2 AGP that I have.