Re: Problems booting kernel-image-2.6.8-2-k7

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paolo Pantaleo" <paolopantaleo@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Problems booting kernel-image-2.6.8-2-k7
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 19:45:45 +0200

Right, ther's no other way.
I can turn off because the on/off button doesn't work.

> and what if you turn off and on?

If I shut down after a 2.6 session and then I turn on my pc again, the problem is still there.

> > Kernel 2.4, instead, works fine. Furthermore, it seems that, if I
> > exit (halt or reboot) from a 2.4 session, kernel 2.6 works at the
> > first attempt.
> >
> > I installed the kernel-image-2.6.8-2-k7 package after the
> > installation of Debian 3.1 "sarge" with kernel-image-2.4.27-2-386.
> >
> > I use an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ CPU and an ATI Radeon 7000 graphic
> > card on an ASUS A7V880 motherboard (VIA KT880/VT8237 chipset).
> >
> > Could anybody help me?
> >

> > Alessandro Di Rubbo

Graffiti.net free e-mail @ www.graffiti.net
Check out our value-added Premium features, such as a 1 GB mailbox for just US$9.95 per year!