Re: Thomson SpeedTouch ADSL Modem

The model of the refered modem is the grey Thomson Speedtouch USB ADSL
Modem 330, which  i haven't described previously.

I want it to work with the default debian sarge install. There's a
package which provides the necessary module but then I have to
download and then load the necessary firmware, which  I did.  The
problem is that i can't seem to get a network interface to connect to
it. I have a set of scripts i have to put in  /etc/ppp/peers and then
call the connection by issuing  pon adsl or pppd call adsl.

I heard some other interfaces have to be configured instead of ppp0,
interfaces like nas0 or tap0.

What's the difference between calling ppp0 or the mentioned interfaces ?
I'm running around google to set the connection  and I have a few
tutorials to configure the connections in other linux distro's like
fedora, SuSE or RedHat, but not debian, which happens to bem my
favorite...

Another thing: What's the difference between PPPoverATM and PPPoverETH
( pppoatm, pppoe) ? And what's the standard for Portugal, or both of
them can be used ?

Best regards to you all, TIA for your concern,

--
aurocha@gmail.com