cyrus getting slower over time

Hi,

I've got a problem with cyrus getting slower over time when checking mail, up to a point where clients start timing out... First cyrus works flawlessly, then it starts responding slower to mailchecking and eventually becomes unusable. After some hours of non use, the problem disappears by itself, so it seems something simply times out after a while, I just can't see what that might be.

I'm using cyrus 2.1.18-1 with sasl db and auxprop. I use CRAM-MD5 for logins and have my clients check mail every 15 minutes.

in imapd.conf:
allowanonymouslogin: no
allowplaintext: yes
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_auxprop_plugin: sasldb
tls_cert_file: /etc/ssl/certs/cyrus-global.pem
tls_key_file: /etc/ssl/private/cyrus-global.key
tls_ca_path: /etc/ssl/certs

If I switch to plaintext logins the problem doesn't arise so I guess the problem lies there.

I've been looking at top and tailing mail.log but can't find anything else but cyrus processes starting, sitting idle for a very long time and exiting

I don't know where to look next to find out where the problem lies. Where could I look, other log files? Setting files? Any direction welcome.

TIA,

Peter Teunissen

Linux user nr. 389180

-- Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their own level and beat you on experience.

----