Re: Exim + relay + auth

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 00:02 -0400, David Clymer wrote:

> > If possible, feel free to contribute with a config file that would solve
> > this as well.
>
> I've got this in my acl_check_data acl:

some explaination: you may want to add this sort of thing in or RCPT and
HELO, etc acls too, depending on your set up. Just remember that any
conditions preceding the line below will apply to everyone,
authenticated or not. If you've got an accept condition that matches
before your 'accept authenticated = *' line, it will never check to see
if they are authenticated.

> accept hosts = 127.0.0.1
> accept authenticated = *
>
> now, this is at the top of the acl so that if the sender is
> authenticated, the additional conditions are ignored. this way you can
> apply more stringent checks to non-authenticated users.

The appropriate place man be different in different acls. It all depends
on what you are trying to do and how you are trying to do it.

-davidc

--
gpg-key: http://www.zettazebra.com/files/key.gpg