Re: Desperation with Hylafax and AVM Fritz ISDN Card PCI on a debian system [Solved]

Hi Almut, hello list.

Almut Behrens schrieb:
Hi Andreas,

quick side note: please keep the thread on-list, so other people who
might google this up some time in the future will have a chance to see
if/how the problem was solved.
It's kinda frustrating when you google and only find others having the
same problem, but no solutions... don't you think so? :)
I didn't see anything personal in what you sent to me, so I assume it's
ok if I take it back on-list (I masked out the phone number).

Yes you are right. And because I don't realy want, that someone will have to solve this problem too, I will explain how I solved the problem. :-)
At this time I want to say thank Almut for your help. I got a tipp to solve this problem from the hylafax mailinglist. It was realy frustrating,
that I forgot something essential to install.

I'm using the WHCF (Windows Hylafaxclient) and this programm cannot send word or other documents directly. I forgot to install a windows printer driver,
that uses the WHCF printing port and is able to print ps documents. I choosed the "Apple LaserWriter 12/640 ps" printer, which is able to print ps documents.
The delivery of facsimiles is working without problems so far.

That was the solution of the whole problem. It's a pity that there where no hints in the log files, but now I can send and receive facsimiles and I'm very happy that I could solve the problem.