Re: Exim4 + port forwarding

Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 07:08:01PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
>>    Do you control that other machine?  What is preventing you from opening up
>>another port for Exim (presuming it is running Exim) to listen to?

> 1.I do not control the other machine.
> 2.How would making exim4 on my machine listen on another port help? It
> still doesn't want me to send relay messages to localhost (another
> port).

    The second statement was a continuation of the first.  IE, "If you control
the remote machine what is preventing you from opening up another port for
Exim?"  I had the same problem and for a time configured Exim to listen to
port 2525 as well as 25.  But I controlled the remote machine and was able to
do so.