Re: using the 'find' program

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 11:56:52AM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> > find: warning: Unix filenames usually don't contain slashes (though
> > pathnames do).  That means that '-iname /tmp' will probably evaluate
[snip]
> The results you post look like there is a bug in the option processing
> of find.

I think the original poster just made a mistake and did

find . -iname /tmp

rather than

find /tmp -iname 'whateverHeWasLookingFor'

When I type 'find . -iname /tmp', I get the same error that
the original poster included.

Adhering to Ockham's Razor as we do, I think the simplest
explanation consistent with the facts is 'the OP made a
typo.' :-)

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve@laniels.org