Re: pager changed after upgrade from woody to sarge:

James Vahn wrote:
> Edit or create ~/.inputrc to contain the line:
>
>         set page-completions off
>
> and new instances of bash will no longer use the internal pager.

I think you knew this but just did not say it explicitly.  But for the
original poster...

But then no pager will be used at all.  All of the output will
scroll.  This still will not cause bash to use an external pager.  It
just won't say "--more--" ever again.  But I don't think that is what
is really wanted.  :-)

Bob