Re: postfix+cyrus21

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 12:47:20AM -0700, Vadim Kutsyy wrote:
I am trying to configure postfix/cyrus21 mail server combination, and I am having problem with lmtp socket. I more of less followed http://wiki.ev-15.com/debian:mail_system so I used dpkg-statoverride to allow access to /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp, but I am getting error in the log file:

Sep 3 00:30:08 kutsyy postfix/lmtp[32392]: DD23560CC0B1: to=<vadim@kutsyy.com>, orig_to=<vadim>, relay=none, delay=1, status=deferred (connect to /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp[/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp]: No such file or directory)

What am I missing?

Thanks,

PS: postfix does have access to /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp:

# su postfix
# ls -la  /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp
srwxrwxrwx  1 root root 0 Sep  3 00:28 /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp

Hi from the guy that wrote that guide. :)

What are the permissions of the socket directory itself? On my setup
I've got the following:

scblock@arnor:~$ sudo ls -l /var/run/cyrus/socket
total 0
srwxrwxrwx  1 root root 0 Sep  1 12:56 lmtp
srwxrwxrwx  1 root root 0 Sep  1 12:56 notify

But the directory containing those files has these permissions:

scblock@arnor:~$ sudo ls -ld /var/run/cyrus/socket
drwxr-x---  2 cyrus lmtp 4096 Sep  1 12:56 /var/run/cyrus/socket

So although the lmtp socket itself has full permissions, postfix itself
has to be in the lmtp group or it can't even see inside the directory.

I would start by making sure postfix is a member of the lmtp group

scblock@arnor:~$ id postfix
uid=101(postfix) gid=103(postfix) groups=103(postfix),45(sasl),1001(lmtp)

If it isn't then add it to that group

scblock@arnor:~$ sudo adduser postfix lmtp

If it already is, then check the permissions in the directory chain on
the way down into that socket directory and see if there's something in
there preventing postfix from seeing the socket.

A last thing to do if none of that works is to check the master.cf file
and see if the lmtp agent is running chrooted. It shouldn't be (n in the
fifth column).

Good luck.

--
Steve Block