X windows libraries??

Hi!, I'm new in this and i have a problem trying to compile some programs.
I try the ./configure with bochs and it give me this error the same i
think that the compilation of aMsn give me.

configure: WARNING: Bochs for wxWidgets cannot be compiled here, disabling it
checking for default gui on this platform... x11
ERROR: X windows gui was selected, but X windows libraries were not found.

I think i have to tell in the ./configure where the libraries are, but
where are they??

Thanks a lot