Re: K3b DVD-RW writing

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:23:42 +0200
Carlos Mantero <mantero.nospam@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> I have a new Samsung TS-H552 DVD-RW with a maxium writing speed of 4x. I
> tried to record some DVD's but in all K3b ignore my selection of

I have limited experience generally with dvd writing (have had a NEC
since 2 months now) but I don't even bother with the speed setting when
burning the media (using growisofs).

Others may disagree of course but lately I have found it's best just to
ignore speed and let the hardware & drivers figure it out. At leat
that's been the case for me since 2.6.x.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.