Tuning tripwire - stopping logs being flagged up

I'm trying to tune tripwire (under debian testing) to give me less unneccessary errors. At the moment /var/log/syslog and files in /var/log/cups, exim4, tiger are all being listed as being modified. Obviously this is fine, since they're logs, so I don't want to be notified of this. In the standard twpol.txt file, there is a variable called 'SEC_LOG' which it says is for files which should grow but not change ownership which sounds like these. In the default there was a section which looked like this:

/var/lock               -> $(SEC_CONFIG) ;
       /var/run                -> $(SEC_CONFIG) ; # daemon PIDs
       /var/log                -> $(SEC_CONFIG) ;

So I changed it to look like this:
       /var/lock               -> $(SEC_CONFIG) ;
       /var/run                -> $(SEC_CONFIG) ; # daemon PIDs
       /var/log                -> $(SEC_LOG) ;
       /var/log/cups           -> $(SEC_LOG) ;
       /var/log/exim4          -> $(SEC_LOG) ;
       /var/log/tiger          -> $(SEC_LOG) ;

But I'm still getting warnings about files in these directories being modified. Is it because the logs are being rotated, archived etc? What's the best way to deal with this - do I even need to be notified about anything in /var/log?