Re: IDE mondorestore DVD to Perc4 Raid machine
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: IDE mondorestore DVD to Perc4 Raid machine
- From: Hugo Vanwoerkom <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 05:47:31 -0500
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <000301c5b021$5c225390$0100a8c0@wa9als>
- References: <000301c5b021$5c225390$0100a8c0@wa9als>
John Fleming wrote:
I'm using current Debian Stable (Sarge). I routinely use mondoarchive
to make a bootable DVD of my whole system on a Dell 600SC with an IDE
drive. This DVD is capable of restoring to bare metal if necessary.
I've never tried it on the 600SC because I've never had to. However, I
have used it to restore an AMD machine, also with an IDE drive. It
restored the whole system flawlessly!
Now I want to use the 600SC's mondo backup DVD to restore (clone to) a
Dell PowerEdge 1850 with a perc 4eid raid 1 controller. Note that I can
install Sarge from scratch (not the mondo backup) on the 1850 with a 2.4
kernel just fine. However, the 2.6 kernel installer doesn't recognize
the SCSI drive array.
Similarly, when I try the monorestore, it doesn't recognize the HDD.
I've tried using DVDs made with mondo running with a 2.4 kernel as well
as a 2.6 kernel - neither recognizes the HDD.
Anyone done this and know how to get mondo to recognize the perc 4eid
raid controller as a logical HDD?
I posted this here rather than the mondo list because you guys are the
most familiar with Debian's flavors and distros.
And you used mondo (2.04-4)?