script to start fetchmail daemon for users on startup

Hi

Googling around for ways to start the fetchmail daemon on behalf of the
various users, I came across what looks like a good script on the
following link:

The script, written by Vince Parsons, is for Fedora although a debian
version is mentioned; there do not however, appear to be any links to a
debianised version.

I've emailed Vince but his email (yahoo) address appears to have expired
and the message was returned.  His site is https://www.vparsons.net/
but hasn't been updated since March 2005.

The script is attached.

>From my limited understanding of these things, I assume that I need to
amend the file and command locations to reflect the debian file structure.

I'd appreciate some guidance.

Regards

Clive

--