RE: Prelinking

I wonder if anyone with experience of installing and using prelink would
tell me whether they've found it worthwhile or not. Also, is the process
irrevocable in practice, or can I back out and uninstall if it doesn't
work that well?

I am using prelink regurlarly on my installation (prelink -avmR). The effect you have depends on the concerned software. Look at the log-file to see for what applications prelinking worked successful.

Until yet I haven´t found any negative consequences. If you don´t want to use it any longer you can simply remove it without fearings. BTW: The best performance gain I got with oooprelink which made the starting process of openoffice very fast.

Flori