Re: elinks and 256 colors

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 20:16 +0000, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> Matt Zagrabelny <mzagrabe@d.umn.edu> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 16:48 +0530, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> >> Dear list,
> >>
> >> I am trying to use elinks with 256 colours. However, as
> >> soon as I switch to 256 colors, the display turns to mono. I have
> >> tried many terminals, but in vain. Which xterm -equivalent would you
> >> recommend, which supports 256 colours?
>
> > $ apt-cache search terminal
>
> > i use gnome-terminal, but rxvt seems good too.
>
> with 256 colors?

i believe i responded before i fully understood your question. i thought
you were simply looking for an xterm equivalent that supported color.

i must admit i have never used elinks before your post. it seems to
render web pages better than lynx.

from some googling i did it seems that color support for elinks must be
compiled in. (not sure if it is or not in the debian archive).

-matt zagrabelny