Re: elinks and 256 colors

Matt Zagrabelny <mzagrabe@d.umn.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 16:48 +0530, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
>> Dear list,
>>
>> I am trying to use elinks with 256 colours. However, as
>> soon as I switch to 256 colors, the display turns to mono. I have
>> tried many terminals, but in vain. Which xterm -equivalent would you
>> recommend, which supports 256 colours?

> $ apt-cache search terminal

> i use gnome-terminal, but rxvt seems good too.

with 256 colors?

I just tried the test-script for 256 colors, and rxvt dumped core.

I suppose it's possible that gnome-terminal can be configured for 256-colors,
but the test-script doesn't show that it is.

For xterm of course it's a compile-time option.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net