Re: OT: Who will switch to (or at least try out) Opera now that they have free registrations?

On Aug 30 2005, Ian wrote:
> My main reason for not using Opera is the lack of extensions. I can't
> live without Adblock now.

I have never used adblock (or any extension at all, to be honest, since
I've heard that they decrease the stability of the browser), but using
privoxy as a proxy blocks a lot of ads.

I'd really recommend it. Sometimes, it blocks so much ads that the pages
load *a lot* faster than without using privoxy.

I think that this package should be better known and used, IMVHO.

Hope this helps, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/