Re: fetchmailing with procmail for mutt

BUYO-BUYO-IGOR <micro_thangs@yahoo.co.jp>:
>  am switching from osx to demudi
>  on osx was running fetchmail with procmail
>  to prepare files for mutt
>  so tried the same setups but when doing
>
>  fetchmail -av -m "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"
>
>  it requires a password to do it
>  which on osx occured

Make yourself a ~/.fetchmailrc:

set postmaster "your_userID"           # Change!
set no bouncemail
set no spambounce
set logfile /home/your_userID/dox/fetchmail.log        # Change!
set properties ""
poll mail.your_ISP with proto POP3
       user 'your_ISP_userID' there with password '.........' is 'your_userID' here
       options fetchall
       mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"

Then just "fetchmail -v".  You could also comment out that "mda" line
and use ~/.forward instead.  I use exim4 and my .forward says:

   |/usr/bin/procmail

>  and what are you using for simple mta?  chose esmtp
>  when apt-getting it seemed to have guided me for setups
>  but
>
>  set sendmail="/usr/bin/esmtp"
>
>  in .muttrc results into
>
>  invalid smtp status code in server response
>
>  am doing these not as root

Good.  In .muttrc, comment that variable out.  Likely mutt has no
problem finding your system's MTA.

[btw, don't bother replying to me.  Reply to the list.  Your APNIC IP
will cause any personal replies to go straight to /dev/null.]

    (*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling           Linux Counter #80292
    - -    Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/autospam.html
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt democracy human rights Taiwan Independence