Re: autoconfig XF86Config

grexk wrote:

Greetings,
I just want to known any program that can easily detect your video card and monitor. And be able to create the XF86Config. Any help is appreciated...Thanks in advance. grexk

$apt-cache show xdebconfigurator
Package: xdebconfigurator
Section: x11
Installed-Size: 168
Maintainer: Debian Edu Developers <debian-edu@lists.debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 1.17
Depends: debconf (>= 0.5) | debconf-2.0, perl-modules, discover1 | discover, kudzu
Recommends: read-edid
Suggests: hwinfo (>= 4.27-0), xresprobe | kudzu-vesa, detect
Filename: pool/main/x/xdebconfigurator/xdebconfigurator_1.17_all.deb
Size: 24298
MD5sum: 537a16276f3096308f134b5a43393927
A script-package used in conjunction with debconf to autoconfigure
xserver-xfree86.  This script is supposed to help setup X correctly
even with DEBIAN_FRONTEND set to noninteractive.

Install it and then run dexconf (do man dexconf before doing that!).
I am using sid and I do not know whether xdebconfigurator is available in sarge or testing.

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Graduate Student, MAE