Re: A question about logrotate

Hans Hofker wrote:
Thomas H. George wrote:

I ran out of space in a 9 Gbyte /var directory, most of the space consumed by debug, kern.log and syslog files.

As I noted above, the files were being rotated but not according to the logrotate.conf file so there must be a default somewhere. Where?

On my system, the logfile rotation is configured in /etc/cron.daily/sysklogd
and /etc/cron.weekly/sysklogd

Regards,
Hans.
Have you looked in /etc/logrotate.d/? I have specific entries for these items. I think the default was to rotate weekly or monthly which I changed to daily on my setup.

HTH

Wackojacko