Re: weird characters not quite fixed (was: Re: weird characters FIXED)

Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 12:07:21PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > > For one thing, the Mutt arrow problem happens to me too,
> > > starting when I made UTF-8 English the default characterset.
> > > I don't know how to fix it.
[...]
> I am trying to run a pure UTF-8 system. [...] Do we have to lodge a
> bug against mutt?

Maybe relevant - here some notes I took while setting up Sarge.
(All's fine with my mutt.)

1) Add to /etc/locale.gen:
   en_NZ.UTF-8 UTF-8
2) Run /usr/sbin/locale-gen
3) Add LANG=en_NZ.UTF-8 to /etc/environment
4) apt-get install console-terminus
5) vi /etc/console-tools/config
   SCREEN_FONT=ter-v16b.psf

Switch to the unicode console font with:
  unicode_start
  consolechars -f ter-v16b.psf

Or back to Debian's default:
  consolechars -f lat0-sun16