Re: Installing to IBM eSeries X336 using software RAID

Ok, I'll put this question more simply. Does anyone know the major and minor numbers to create the /dev/md/0pX files with mknod for RAID devices? I'd really like to get these partitions formatted and move on with the installation.

Like, for example, /dev/md/0 (the whole disk) is (if I remember correctly) created with 64 and 0. And since /dev/md/1 is 64 and 1 and /dev/md/2 is 64 and 2 (and so on), what would 0p1 be (the first partition of /dev/md/0)? I just don't know what these numbers should be. If you have RAID and /dev/md set up and have a 0p1 file (or any XpX files for your partitions), what major and minor numbers does it (do they) use? As examples, that's at least as good a place as any to start.

Thanks in advance.

I've got the debian-31r0a-i386-netinst.iso image that I'm trying to install this X336 IBM eSeries server. It all goes well enough until I try to configure the RAID1 config using /dev/md.

[...]

--
Brian Wright (bwdebian@boomerang.com)