Re: i cant print from firefox?

L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> On 8/26/05, James Vahn <jvahn@short.circuit.com> wrote:
>>
>>  edit /etc/Xprint/C/print/Xprinters:
>>
>>          Augment_Printer_List %none%
>>          # Printer xp_pdf_spooldir_HOME_Xprintjobs
>>          # Printer xp_ps_spooldir_HOME_Xprintjobs
>>
> Does it mean one has to change config for each app separately?

Nope. As far as I know, Mozilla is the only app using xprint.
Unfortunately xprint seems to be in an early stage and its configuration
is still quite 'orrible.

Generally there's no need to change configs once things are working, or
you get a different printer. The "PostScript/lpr" option seems to
generate postscript and sends it to my "lpr" default. I also show a
"Postscript/880" option that sends postscript to the cupsys "880". They
are both the same printing machine (an Epson 880), "lpr" is configured
for general text and "880" is for photo paper (names/purposes that I made
up for my own use). The default can be changed through KDE's print
manager. In that regard, xprint behaves like all the other apps.

The default, out-of-the-box xprint printer was something like "lpr@64"
which printed very poorly- large fonts and 1/3 the page was missing.
Getting rid of that by making the above changes made Mozilla print like
a champ! :-)