Re: nforce4 PATA support?

Nicos Gollan wrote:

Hi,

after some research, I ordered a MSI Neo4 Platinum Mainboard, which uses the nforce 4 chipset. Until today, I was fairly confident that I could get the planned configuration to run, but just now I'm not so sure anymore.

Each and every writeup I found so far on the 'net talked only about SATA support, which I won't need. I need my PATA drive to work, preferably without an expensive adapter.

The kernel up to 2.6.12.5 doesn't seem to have any support for PATA on any nforce chipset. Is it really impossible to use it? Or is it just part of the SATA driver? Does someone here have experience with that topic?

I'm running an Asus A8N-SLI (Nforce 4 Ultra) with debian 2.6.11; PATA IDE support can be found under drivers > ATA > and then look for the AMD and nVdia kernel option. Works great here.