Re: Portable OGG Player

On 8/26/05, Wim De Smet <kromagg@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/6/05, Steven Pasternak <stevenp500@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > Hi! Does anybody know if there is such thing as a portable OGG player?
> > (like iPod,MuVO,etc. NOT software)
> > -Steven
>
> I'm going to buy a samsung YP-C1Z, which is a 1GB flash player that
> supports ogg and is quite reasonable in price (I think). I'll post
> here how it turns out.

So I got to test it today. seems to work great, one battery is
included plus some songs so you can use it quite "out of the box". You
can drag folders (using usb mass storage) onto it and play the
folders. My ogg files seem to be working great, including the display
of tags.

The only downside are the earphones which seem a bit crappy. The
quality of the sound is okay but I think it certainly could be better.
And the player is still a bit bulky (after all, you have to get an AA
battery in there) so personally I think the necklace thing doesn't
work that well.

Overall, I'm content with it. It does what I want it to :)

greets,
Wim