Re: U.S. federal income tax program

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:15:22 -0500

> On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 10:10 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
> > What exactly are you looking for?
> >
> > There are a large number of 100% web-based tax programs available.
> > These work very well on Linux.
>
> Am I the only person who has seen all of the sites that leave
> confidential data just lying around on publicly accessible servers,
> and not want my tax info to be lying around on misconfigured tax
> web servers?

Nope. I'd rather use Windows than give out my (un)social (in)security
number over the internet. (If you keep the Windows box disconnected from
the internet you're reasonably safe from viruses and crackers.)

Yes, I trust my ability to use awful software (Windows) more than I
trust sys-admins I've never met to keep internet servers secure.

Jacob