Re: sid: KDE menu entries lost how to recreate?

Bruno.Voigt@ic3s.de wrote:

I'm running debien/unstable and performing nearly daily an aptitude upgrade.
Before ~ 2 weeks I lost all KDE Start menu entries.
Only bookmars, exec command, start new session, lock desktop, logout are still there.

Is there a procedure to recreate the menu entries for all installed appliactions?!

Hi Bruno,

If you are lucky

# apt-get install kdelibs-data=4:3.3*

will bring your menu and the rest back. This command downgrades
kdelibs-data and kdelibs to the version from 'testing'. You need to have
the 'testing' packages included in your /etc/apt/sources.list file.
('aptitude install kdelibs-data=4:3.3*' probably does the same thing,
but I don't use aptitude myself therefore I don't know for sure.)

If the above command does not work, then you might have to find the
right version of kdelibs and kdelibs-data in the Debian snapshots
archive; details about this are given in the links below.

Regards,
            Florian

More info about the reason of the problem:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2005/08/msg00089.html

More details on how to fix it:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2005/08/msg00177.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2005/08/msg00214.html