Re: Installation problems

Ken Heard wrote:

   After considerable web research on various distros I decided to
try the then new Debian 3.1r0a-i386 "Sarge".

   After booting -- I thought successfully -- strange things happened
which did not strike me as quite right.  For example:

1. Printing

   I tried first to use CUPS.  However, it would only print pdf, html
and plain text files from Konqueror.  It would not print anything from
Mozilla, nor would it print in terminal mode using the lpr command.  I
then tried LPRng, but nothing would print.
The 'foomatic-gui' package should sort out most of the print problems you have, along with a little research on the linuxprinting.org site.

To print from Mozilla you will need to install the xprint packages.