Re: How to automatic restore alsamixer settings with alsa-utils?

Hi David,

I linked /etc/init.d/alsa-utils to /etc/rc2.d/S98alsa-utils. That works fine
(as I said: I works if I invoke it later). But this shouldn't be the general
or official solution. Does it work for you by default, I mean without
interfering manually? If yes, what's wrong with my system?

Regards, Tim

Am Freitag, 26. August 2005 10:16 schrieb David Huemer:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Try placing an executable file with "alsactl restore" in /etc/rc2.d and
> call the file S99alsa, or something. The important part is S99 which
> means alsactl is one of the last things which will be called while
> booting.
>
> David
>

> On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 09:54 +0200, Tim Ruehsen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > on my SID system, I experience that alsamixer settings are not restored
after
> > booting. It looks like /etc/rcS.d/S50alsa-utils is called at the wrong
time
> > (too early?). Because after rebooting I can restore alsamixer settings
just
> > by calling '/etc/init.d/alsa-utils start' or alternatively by calling
> > 'alsactl restore'.
> >
> > And yes, alsa-utils is called while booting (I can see it's output).
> >
> > This is for quite a while now and just a bit annoying. I have this
(kernel?)
> > bug, where I have to switch off 'Headphone Jack Sense' and 'Line Jack
Sense'