RE: call for a vote -- should debian-user mailing list replies go to author or to list?

Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> What I find outlandish is the deadline for the vote, I would say that
> first all or most would have to agree to consider the matter,
> including may be the list master him/her self. And then some deadline
> could come up, if decided the discussion to take place.

It is my understanding that this list is informal; e.g. it does require any
rules of parliamentary procedure (I don't see any mentioned on
http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/, and I don't think most people (myself
included) would want that level of formalism anyway).

That said, I did think about starting a discussion.  But I realized that this
issue is both a technical quagmire and a sociological/psychological "hot"
button.  So, I figured I'd just put on my asbestos suit and call for a vote to
find out what the readers want.

David

p.s. tally thus far:

         clearly voted "reply to list"     5