Problems instaling Sarge

Hello everybody,
I'm new tothis list, though not to Debian (I'm using Woody at home since it came out, but I'm not very expert), and I'd like to install Sarge on an Hp server which currently has Red Hat (don't rememeber now which version).

But I experienced some problems.
Basically, while detecting the CD-ROM, the network card and the hard disks, it says there's an error occurred "modprobe -v sym53c88xx_2". This doesn't allow me to contiunue with installation.
Pressing ALT+F3 I get some other messages:
Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while...
Using /lib/modules/2.4.27-2-386/kernel/drivers/scsi/sym53c88xx_2/sym53c8xx_2.o
insmod: init module: sym53c8xx: No such device
insmod sym53c8xx_2
modprobe: failed to load module sym53c8xx_2

Pressing some keys (don't rememeber which) I could get some more information (closing the n-curses interface), but I can't reproduce it now.

The machine has a Pentium III Xeon, and MegaRAID hard disks on scsi.

I tried booting with "linux", with "expert" and also with "linux sym53c8xx=safe:y" with no success.
(I also tried booting with "linux26" but I got Kernel Panic message).

Did anyone experienced the same problem or has any hint to give me? (Please consider that though using Debian since 2 years I'm not this expert)

Thanks for any answer.
Best regards,
Marco

6X velocizzare la tua navigazione a 56k? 6X Web Accelerator di Libero!
Scaricalo su INTERNET GRATIS 6X http://www.libero.it