Sitebar with MYSQL 5?

I am running unstable and upgraded to mysql-server-5.0. Shortly after
that sitebar upgraded to 3.2.6-7 and was dying with:

Setting up sitebar (3.2.6-7) ...
ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax;
check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
right syntax to use near 'release FROM sitebar_config' at line 1

I finally got it to upgrade by changing the SELECT statement on line 95
of the postinst file from:

"'SELECT release FROM sitebar_config;'"

"'SELECT \`release\` FROM sitebar_config;'"

I don't pretend to know mysql. Is "release" a newly reserved word in
mysql? Has anyone had this problem with version 4 or is it a bug with
the debian package and it's just a coincidence I had also upgraded
MYSQL?

I also had to modify /usr/share/sitebar/inc/tree.inc.php as per bug
#300731 sitebar not fully functional if using mysql ver. 4.1.

Cheers,

Andrew