Re: Problem with Firefox and Mime (I think)

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 05:50:18PM -0500, Jason Martens wrote:
> I just installed a clean sarge laptop, and I installed firefox and
> firefox-gnome-support packages.  However, now when I try to download a file, it
> fails to save it.  It just does nothing.  Sometimes (if the url has not been
> obfuscated) I can right click and save as, but that does not always work.  Any
> suggestions?

Are you using version 1.0.4-2sarge2?  If so, it has issues.  This is
just one: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=324311

Yours may or may not be related.  You may want to try 1.0.4-2sarge1 (just
be aware of the security issues) or use the available 1.0.6 backports.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto