making backup using rsync in home LAN

Hi,

I backup my data on my home machine using a rsync script
(http://www.tux.org/~tbr/rsync/rsynchowto.html website was extremely
helpful). The machine runs Debian Testing, 2.6.11 kernel. My OS is on
/dev/hda and backups are done on /dev/hdb.

My wife uses a laptop which has Debian Unstable and Windows XP on it. To
back up here data from Debian /home partition is not difficult. I was
wondering if anybody could suggest how to backup the laptop data from
it's Windows (NTFS) paritition.

It would probably entail installing Samba. Then there would probably be
a rsync client on Windows on the laptop. Then the periodicity of the
backups would need to be sorted out since the laptop is not always on
and not always on my home network -- which probably means a cron job may
not be enough and a little scrilpt may be needed on the laptop. It's
backups are to reside on /dev/hdb on my Testing computer. Can anyone
share his/her experiences regarding this?

thanks,
->HS
--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address
to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.