Re: [SOLVED] Downgrading a package that is causing some problems in KDE

--- Bill Marcum <bmarcum@iglou.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 12:18:07PM -0700, Ibrahim Mubarak wrote:
> >
> > First of all, how can I find out what version of a package is
> installed
> > on my system without going through synaptic or dselect, because
> > sometimes I don't have access to an X session and the version
> number
> > would be too long to be displayed in full in dselect. I am talking
> > about libs, so I can't do 'name -v' type of thing.
> >
> Try aptitude.
>
> > Finally, if it turns out that I need to get back to an old version
> of
> > package 'whatsitsname', how can I do it? I tried to search
> debian.org
> > for a package in unstable (this time it was xlibs-data), but the
> only
> > available version is the one I have. Is there an archive for older
> > versions of packages?
> >
> http://snapshot.debian.net

Thanks all,

I tried a few things before I got it working. Long story short, I
downloaded the deb file from snapshot and that's what worked. They had
the exact version I was looking for.
I tried to compile from source: too many dependencies. I tried to
install the testing version, but apt-get was going to get rid of kde!

But I got back my menu and all, so I am happy ;)

ib

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs