Re: xserver-xorg: - Matrox G550 Dualhead woes!

Adrian von Bidder wrote:
Yo!

Environment: Matrox G550 on xorg from unstable on a (mostly) sarge installation. 2 analog screens. Xinerama is used, bare xorg - no mga_hal etc.; kernel linux-image-2.6.12 or kernel-image-2.6.8 doesn't matter; 686-smp in both cases. DRM loads fine.

Symptom: booting, one display is text console. When X is started, it starts fine on that display, but there's no signal on the other display - thus it won't even come out of power save mode.

Starting X once with a single head xorg.conf solves the problem: The 'single head' X delivers identical signal to both outputs of the graphics card (even to the point where killing X or switcing back to text mode shows the text mode on both screens). Changing xorg.conf back to the dualhead/xinerama one, it starts fine on both displays.

[ please cc: me on replies ]

[snip]

=======

Anybody had similar experiences, or has a G550 and does something slightly different?

thanks in advance.
-- vbi

I know it's a little OT but does anyone has any experience with the TV-out of the G550? I've been trying a few howto's and hints but I didn't got it working...

wim.