Re: programming write to /var/run from /home

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 06:18:47AM -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A programming question:
>
> I want to have a program that runs in a user's /home dir. write to /var/run.
>
> That can be done by running the program with sudo.
>
> Is there any other way? E.g. programming with PAM? Example?
>
> Thanks.

Why do you want the program to write to /var/run?  Does it require root
privileges other than for that purpose?  If not, couldn't you write to
/tmp or the user's home directory?

--
Knowledge, sir, should be free to all!
		-- Harry Mudd, "I, Mudd", stardate 4513.3